Position Title: Internship: Executive Assistant
Duty Station: Johannesburg Regional Bureau, South Africa
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) WFP is recognized as the leading solution provider and partner in the struggle to end hunger and malnutrion and particularly for its efforts to reach those furthest behind first.
Being the frontline agency of the United Nations system that delivers innovative hunger solutions to 81 countries each day worldwide; WFP’s 14,800+ strong staff share a vision and commitment to end hunger by 2030. Tackling the causes — not just the symptoms – and operating in the remotest corners of the world, with all logistical means necessary, WFP’s results-focussed team provides nutritious and life-saving food and cash assistance when necessary. Bringing unrivalled experience and operating in the world’s most high profile, difficult environments, WFP upholds the humanitarian principles of humanity, integrity impartiality and neutrality.
In successfully achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 2 (SDG 2) i.e Zero Hunger by 2030, the WFP team actively fosters partnerships with governments, communities, local authorities, civil societies, other UN agencies and the private sector.
For more on WFP and what we do, please go to http://www.wfp.org/videos/zero-hunger.
The WFP Southern Africa Regional Office, based in Johannesburg, South Africa, is looking for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the post of an Intern in the Regional Director’s Office. We are looking for a highly efficient, dynamic Individual with a can- do attitide, who will mainitain strict confidentiality that the Office requires at all times.
The Intern will provide administrative support to the Regional Director (RD) and Deputy Regional Director (DRD) while reporting directly to the RD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the RD, the Intern will be responsible for the following tasks:
Administration & Office management
- Provide dedicated support to the RDs office
- Consolidate comprehensive reports, documentation, correspondence, briefing notes, etc. and conduct research in the area of work.
- Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organized and readily available.
- Print briefing materials for both the RD/DRD for use on official trips or Executive Board meetings;
- Make travel arrangements for RD/DRD – including preparation of trip documents, tickets and hotel reservations and submission of security clearance.
Coordination of activities for the RD’s Office
- Maintain the RD/DRD’s calendar and schedule appointments and meetings.
Communication & Information dissemination
- Provide a full range of business support services to the RDs office to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
Currently studying towards a first/advanced university degree or recently graduated (within the past 6 months) Secretarial / Business Adminstration studies or a relevant field. Must have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate studies.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Good communication skills
- Ability to proactively identify and recommend areas for improvement to the design and delivery of services.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is essential.
CLOSING DATE: 05 December 2018
Interested individuals meeting the above requirements are requested to apply on the WFP Career Website using the following link: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. Please search for the position title: Intern: Executive Assistant
- Fields of Study:Other
Related Jobs (16)
UBS South Africa: 2019 Off-cycle Internship -Corporate Client Solutions on October 31, 2018 Internship
Psybergate: Software Development Graduate Programme on November 7, 2018 Graduate Programme