The Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PDM) is a flagship programme at WBS and is known for its vibrant classroom energy. The PDM is aimed at students who have a strong undergraduate degree but lack full-time work experience. As such the PDM prepares you for the ‘real world’ of work – it is essentially a vocational programme that culminates in an exciting workplace internship programme.
One of the strengths of WBS lies in its faculty. Here you will learn from a diverse group of academics who offer a truly global perspective. Another major strength is the WBS teaching methodology which is grounded in both theory and real-life business practices through the use of the case method.
Our mission at WBS is to constantly keep abreast of the latest developments in business while remaining relevant to our context. In meeting the changing needs of business and society, our vision is to continue to produce graduates who can play meaningful roles in South Africa and Africa’s rapidly expanding economies.
The PDM offers a rewarding, stimulating experience of lively interaction with your fellow students, and cutting-edge course material. For anyone wanting to expand their business knowledge and gain the ability to thrive in a competitive marketplace, you can do no better than enrol at WBS.
- Group Dynamics (Compulsory attendance course)
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Operations Management
- Marketing Management
- Internship Preparation (Compulsory attendance course)
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management and Organisation Design and Development
- Analytical Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Business Disruption and Innovation
- Internship preparation (Compulsory attendance course)
The academic third quarter consists of a compulsory two month internship in full-time employment at an organisation of the student’s choice from available companies. The internship is supported by an intensive Career Management programme which commences within the first two weeks of the Postgraduate Diploma in Management full-time programme (Internship Preparation).
- Financial Management
- Entrepreneurship Management
- Business Simulation (Compulsory attendance course)
Service Industry Management
Strategic HR Development
Strategic Marketing Management
- Bachelor’s degree (NQF 7)
- Limited working experience an advantage but not a requirement
- Mathematics – a level of competence equivalent to the requirements of the SA matriculation certificate – a minimum of a 55% for Mathematics or 70% for Mathematical Literacy
- In exceptional cases, non-degreed individuals with working experience are considered if they have the following:
- Acceptable scores for the WBS admission test.
- Copy of SAQA certificate for foreign qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency (for students who have not studied at tertiary level in English)
- Non-refundable application fee of R200
Applications/Enquiries: +27 (0)861 000 927 or +27 (0)11 717-3510 or [email protected]
- Application date: from 1 May 2018 – 31 October 2018
- Duration: 1 Year
- Fields of Study:Commerce
Related Jobs (13)
NEDBANK: Retail & Business Banking Graduate Programme on August 17, 2018 Graduate Programme