Nice to meet you, unofficially. Just the fact that you’re reading this means that you’ve already taken your first step towards securing your career in small and medium enterprise (SME) finance. We’re a specialist risk finance company that provides customised financial solutions, sectoral knowledge, mentorship, business premises and other added-value services for formal SMEs in South Africa and selected African countries. We are looking for recently qualified B Com honours graduates with a Certificate in the Theory of Accountancy (CTA) to join our world. We’re passionate about funding, supporting and mentoring entrepreneurs, or as we like to call them, the square pegs in a sea of round holes. If you are too, and see yourself as a square peg, the BUSINESS/PARTNERS Training Outside of Public Practice (TOPP) Programme could be for you.
About the BUSINESS/PARTNERS TOPP Programme
What does it entail?
- The BUSINESS/PARTNERS TOPP Programme aims to bridge the gap between academic study and workplace requirements for recently qualified young people.
- The programme has been developed to offer structured training programmes that are relevant to small and medium business and finance sectors.
- It prepares participants who complete the programme for full time employment and gives them a head-start for a career in SME finance and the accounting world.
- Successful participants will obtain the Chartered Accounting qualification.
What modules are offered?
The programme offers a comprehensive training plan made up of different modules. In depth training will be conducted for the following compulsory modules:
- Pervasive skills.
- Accounting and external reporting.
- Financial Management
Additional modules from part of the programme and participants will cover these with a view to gain a basic understanding:
- Auditing and assurance.
- Management decision-making and control.
- Risk management and governance
What are the requirements?
For the BUSINESS/PARTNERS TOPP Programme, we require highly motivated and talented graduates who want to follow, and achieve success in, a career path in SME finance and the accounting world. To be selected for the programme, you must be:
- A recently qualified graduate who holds a B Com Honours degree and a Certificate in the Theory of Accountancy (CTA) with sound academic results;
- A South African citizen;
- Hard-working, focused and driven;
- Interested in augmenting your theoretical qualifications with practical experience; and • Passionate about entrepreneurship and SME finance.
Please note that preference will be given to individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds.
If you are interested in our programme, please submit your results and CV to: [email protected]
- Fields of Study:Commerce
Related Jobs (13)
NEDBANK: Retail & Business Banking Graduate Programme on August 17, 2018 Graduate Programme
Wits Business School: Graduate Diploma in Management on October 14, 2018 Full Time