WE AIM TO EMPOWER AND CREATE GROWTH FOR ALL OUR STAKEHOLDERS
Seriti is an 91% black-owned South African company. Collectively, our mines (New Vaal, New Denmark and Kriel) produce approximately 24Mtpa of thermal coal to Eskom, South Africa’s state-owned power utility. This represents almost a quarter of the coal supply to Eskom. Seriti’s ambition is to empower and create growth for all its stakeholders.
MINING PROFESSIONAL IN TRAINING: C LOWER: SERITI COAL, VARIOUS COLLIERIES
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
The role is a developmental role, with the primary purpose being to learn through experiential learning about the Mining function and to obtain the Mine Managers Certificate of Competency. The successful candidate will complete a structured development programme to be able to fulfil a substantial position within Seriti.
• Complete the Development Programme within the 36-month timeframe and ensure blasting certificate is obtained during the first 12 months of development programme
• Complete necessary shifts to qualify for the Mine Managers Certificate of Competency exam
• Present on key learnings to the Operational Management Team after each phase is completed and identify a project at the beginning of second year of developmental programme to present on at the completion of the programme
• Attend all formal courses and seminars as prescribed in the development programme and actively participate in all opportunities for development
• Act in the capacity of other roles in the mining discipline as and when required and deliver on role outcomes as expected in an acting capacity as well as to suggest and advise on improvements
• Identify, propose and participate in improvement or value-add projects relevant to the mining discipline by conducting research and benchmarking against other divisions and industries as well as networking with key internal and external stakeholders
• Identify and engage with technical coach and mentor
You will need:
• BTech / Degree in Mining Engineering (NQF Level 7)
• Valid Driver’s Licence
• Sound references from previous employers or learning institutions
• Proven vacation work within industry
• Proven completion of a relevant project related to field of study
• Prior temporary working experience in field of study will be advantageous
• Understanding of relevant legislation pertaining to the Mining Industry including the Mine Health and Safety Act and ability to interpret relevant legislation correctly
• Basic knowledge of Seriti business principles and values will be advantageous
• Understanding of the Seriti core value chain and Operational codes of practices, procedures, standards and guidelines
• Knowledge of Opencast and Underground coal mining operations will be advantageous
• Proven successful safety record
• Understanding of Mine Planning principles
• Sense of maturity and eagerness to learn
• Self-starter and motivated
• Business Writing Skills
• Analytical Skills and Problem-Solving Skills
• Conflict Handling Skills
• Computer Skills (MS Office)
• In possession of a Certificate of Fitness or be able to obtain it
Ref No: VAR124/18GS
Closing date: 16 January 2019
Candidates can apply by going to https://seritiza.com/ and click on the ‘Careers’ tab.
A CV must be accompanied with your application and you will be requested by Careers24 to email your certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful. Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.
- Fields of Study:Other