Old Mutual is an Industry leader within the Financial Service. We are a proudly Pan-African Business with primary listing on the JSE stock exchange. We have celebrated our homecoming with a vibrant re-brand but we are still rooted in our purpose of “Enabling Positive Futures Every day” and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience. To those eyeing their future and not their followers, your time is NOW.
About Group Tax
Group Tax provides tax advisory and certain tax compliance services to the Old Mutual Group.
We aim to support and lead the Old Mutual Group in communicating our tax contribution in a transparent manner.
About the Graduate Programme
Through an 18 month programme, we will enable you with the skills and opportunities to become a successful future leader in our business. We focus on creating an enabling environment through learning opportunities, and access to great Leaders who act as mentors in helping you chart your path to career success. In addition to this, we have a great culture that values diversity, inclusion and forms a strong foundation to our values.
As a Trainee Tax, you will gain exposure in the following areas:
Governance and Compliance
· Preparation and/or review of allocated Business Unit tax returns and reconciliations.
· Assist with ad-hoc tax health checks on selected companies within the Old Mutual Group.
· Provides input to tax queries received from SARS with the support from the tax consultants.
· Assist with the preparation/application to SARS for rulings, objections and voluntary disclosure submissions.
· Interpretation of tax legislation and case law.
· General duties relating to all tax matters.
Tax Management and Reporting
· Assist with the assessment of current processes to identify areas of improvement and implement changes.
· Provide feedback and updates of deliveries in workflow meetings.
· Working with key controls over tax processes.
· Assist with the completion of the monthly tax dashboard.
Key Required Experience, Qualification & Skills
This role requires a motivated, energetic, inquisitive and highly numerate person who has a great appreciation for numbers and understands the value that can be derived from interrogating them.
You must meet the following criteria:
· Degree in BCom, BCompt (accounting)(Honours);
· Must be a South African citizen under the age of 27.
· Have achieved a minimum 65% average in your final year (across your major subjects).
Why join us
You will be joining a team that is solution driven and focused on providing our customers with the best possible outcomes.
Old Mutual is a great place to work and offers great career opportunities in a variety of disciplines. We will work with you to develop key skills and disciplines that can be used no matter which path you choose in the future.
Click here to send your application, which MUST be accompanied by certified ID, academic transcripts and certificates and your CV.
Queries can be directed to Mali Nxumalo [email protected]
The appointment will be made from the designated group in line with the Employment Equity Policy of Old Mutual.
- Fields of Study:Commerce