About the Position
Software Developer Internship
Through our client-facing brands Metropolitan and Momentum, with Multiply (wellness and rewards programme), and our other specialist brands, including Guardrisk and Eris Property Group, the group enables business and people from all walks of life to achieve their financial goals and life aspirations..
We help people grow their savings, protect what matters to them and invest for the future. We help companies and organisations care for and reward their employees and members. Through our own network of advisers or via independent brokers and utilising new platforms Momentum Metropolitan provides practical financial solutions for people, communities and businesses.
We are looking for a dynamic individual that has completed their IT software studies, to join our high-performing IT environments. You will have the opportunity to gain experience from talented software teams that work on developing different technological insurance solutions. Your primary responsibility will be to assist with the design and develop these applications.
Responsibilities and work outputs
- Build and maintain relationships with team members and relevant clients
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Translate application specifications and use cases into functional applications
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Ensure all errors are resolved correctly and resolution documented; eliminate reoccurrence of errors; provide support to operations and support team
- Deliver on expectations to clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service
- Continuously monitor turnaround times and quality standards and resolve issues speedily to enhance client service delivery
- Here to and manage development opportunities presented in the Internship programme. Take accountability for tasks given within the internship programme
- Here to the Momentum Metropolitan policies and procedures throughout the internship
- Action and Results orientated
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative problem solving
- Reading and comprehension
- Building relationships
- Attention to detail
- Be able to work in teams
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a IT software related field
- No work experience require
- Understanding of Java and RPG languages will be advantageous
This exciting role is a 12 month Internship contract and will be based in our Head Office in Centurion. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to make the necessary travel and accommodation arrangements should one be successful within the recruitment process
The above-mentioned position is currently available in the Legacy department at our Momentum Life business unit based at our office in Centurion.
- creative thinking
- Results Driven
- Attention to detail
Desired Qualification Accreditation
Click here to apply.
- Fields of Study:Engineering and IT