As a newbie getting into your new workplace can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. Because everyone else is already busy with their own workload, they are not always able to help you in detail. So finding your feet can sometimes be a bit of a challenge, and that can sometimes lead you to being overwhelmed, lost and to start losing motivation.
Here are a few things you can do to keep motivated and to help you wake up with purpose:
- Write down your to do list everyday. By doing this you get to see what you need to do in writing and the chances of you delivering are higher.
- Set up personal goals as this allows you to work towards something.
- Take breaks. This is so important because you need to remember that in order to keep going, you need to refresh first.
- Ask for feedback and do not be shy to ask for help. It is so important to ask for help, otherwise people won’t know that you stuck which can come back to bite you in the long run.
- Don’t focus too much on things that are out of your control.
- Set up a reward system to keep yourself motivated. Every time you reach your goals, treat yourself to something you really enjoy.
- Hang out with your work colleagues. Surrounding yourself with people that have the same mindset as you is also important because you have similar understanding. This can also help you get comfortable quick enough to ask for assistance when needed.
- Use the power of positive words. The energy you put out is the energy you will always receive.
- When you get the chance to, always offer yourself to opportunities you feel you can handle. This does not have to be something big, it can be something such as joining the next brainstorm.
- Lastly, don’t over sell yourself, but make yourself stand out.
Need specific career tips delivered straight to your fingertips? Hit us up on the comment section below or email [email protected] with your career related queries and we’ll be happy to assist!